check engine light came on and now it is missing real bad.Could it be 1 of the 8 coils shorting out and how do I tell the bad one???
check engine light on 2006 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
January 24, 2010
I would first read all of this article, including the section on misfires. Then get your codes pulled and begin to trace. GUESSING will empty your check book with often no repair.
Verified for the Ford Explorer18 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer86 reports
3 answersMarch 27, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
2006 Ford Explorer Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($142 - 299) in Hiram, OH
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Corn, OK
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Rockville, MD
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Sarles, ND
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($66 - 138) in Helena, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($200 - 218) in Burlington, ND