My check engine light does not come on when starting the car. I had the circuit board replaced with a good used one, but it still won't come on. I put the original board back in. This light had come on in the past and was ignored for quite awhile while driving. Now it won't pass NJ inspection. The car runs fine except for the A/C adapter that must have shorted out when a piece of metal fell into it. I have the fuse unpluged for this device. Let me know what you think.
Lincoln Q&AAsk Your Question
1997 Lincoln Continental Question: check engine light
Answer #1rdude135 April 18, 2009, 05:39Journeyman
It sounds like the bulb warning circuit has an issue. It may be tied into the fuse that you have unplugged. I would check to see where the power for the bulb comes from and check to see if you have battery voltage when your supposed to. A wiring diagram and a voltmeter would be needed to check this out. A manual to help diagnose the problem would help too.