Why does "the check engine" light come on but no codes come up with a diagnostic check. Light was shut off but came back on within minutes of running. Car has 120,000 mi.
check engine light on 1991 Mitsubishi Galant
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
August 14, 2010
If the idle speed is too low this can happen, does the light go out if you rev the engine up?
Verified for the Mitsubishi Galant18 reports
Verified for the Mitsubishi Galant2 reports
Verified for the Mitsubishi Galant4 reports
1 answerJune 29, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mitsubishi Galant Questions
- What does it mean when the SRS light is on?
- Why does does my car roll back on hills and I have an automatic transmission?
- How do you know when you need a serpentine changed or when it's going out?
- 2003 galant speedometer stops randomly while driving at different speeds
- When I first started start car in the morning while she is idling is vibrating
1991 Mitsubishi Galant Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($298 - 537) in San Simon, AZ
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($174 - 266) in Clinton, NJ
- 75,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Ballston Lake, NY
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - 82) in Jerusalem, OH
- HVAC Blower Motor Replacement ($199 - 290) in Placitas, NM
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis & Testing ($70 - 89) in Saint Hilaire, MN