can a bad starter make the check engine light flash on. the check engine light came on flashing and then van started shaking. shut the van off and now it will not start.
check engine light on 1997 Chevrolet Venture
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
October 11, 2010
Same happened to me. I went into a repair shop and they told me it was the air conditioner compressor. I was travelling at the time and it was expensive, so I told them to unplug the AC Compressor until I got home. The Smell and hesitation of the van stopped after they unplugged it. This is how I knew they were correct for the analysis.
Verified for the Chevrolet Venture32 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Venture31 reports
1 answerAugust 16, 2009
1 answerFebruary 16, 2014
3 answersDecember 11, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Venture Questions
- how many hours to replace the timing cover gasket
- Replace steering column now when we go to start and very loud buzzing comes over
- Idles very rough, overheats less than 5 min after start. Check engine light on.
- Transmission slippage chnging gears. Is it pressure Switches or something else
- Intake manifold gasket just replaced, now mech says head gasket bad.
1997 Chevrolet Venture Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($472 - 763) in Berea, KY
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($522 - 798) in Henderson, NY
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($302 - 643) in North Bend, WA
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($268 - 398) in Brewster, KS
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($916 - 1,034) in Wrightstown, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($163 - 250) in Colstrip, MT