check engin light came on, i called my mechanic, they said to check fuels and see if that helps. since the car was due in 2 weeks for an oil change i had it done and asked for the other oils to be topped up and an engine flush done. This was done, engine light went off. a few days later its back on. its impossible to be out of fluid already and no evidence on my drive way of a leak. What's the problem? Thanks
check engin light on on 1997 Honda Civic
Verified for the Honda Civic16 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic3 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic6 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic7 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
1997 Honda Civic Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($134 - 250) in Lansing, NY
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($356 - 455) in Oconto, WI
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($321 - 457) in Edgerton, WY
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($294 - 476) in Stanardsville, VA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($847 - 1,256) in Jacksonburg, WV
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($34 - 43) in Cimarron, KS