My check charging system warning keeps beeping at me. I bought the truck used in April 2008, within the first week had to replace the battery; April 2009 had to replace the alternator; Auguest 2010 replaced battery again. Replaced all belts March 2011. So far nothing is making the warning beeps go away. There seems to be no rhym or reason for when it goes of. It is happening now everytime I drive the truck and stays on more often. The indicator for the battery on the gages doesn't move. Not sure what the problem is or how to get it fix and don't want to keep replacing alternators and batteries.
check charging system on 2005 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 15, 2011
Check charging system is a result of a problern with the alternator and/or the wiring connector to the alternator. Not very complex - I would verify all connections first - check the rectifier connector at the alternator. Then, perform a test of peak amperage and voltage. This will clearly show what is not functioning properly.
6 answersJanuary 12, 2011
2 answersAugust 28, 2011
2 answersNovember 30, 2012
0 answersApril 24, 2012
1 answerApril 10, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
- how do I fix the windshield wipers that don't work
- the motor dies when I put the unit in drive
- Has there been replacement of the PT unit I am having grinding grunting noise
2005 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Aguirre, PR
- Air Filter Replacement ($53 - 73) in Blenheim, SC
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($308 - 424) in Lionville, PA
- Transfer Case Fluid Replacement ($46 - 58) in Waiteville, WV
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($465 - 533) in Bushton, KS
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($443 - 1,516) in Milton, KS