while driving on-board message center indicates check charging system and the battery indicator light comes on, the spedometor goes to 0 however RPM's remain normal the radio cuts off, my sterring becomes tight and the car shuts off and will not start, no lights working in dash and hazard lights go on and off outside the car.I get a jump and the car starts but shuts right back off immediately. New battery has been replaced less than 90 days any suggestions/ideas?
check charging system on 2005 Lincoln LS
Asked by for the 2005 Lincoln LS
Charge the battery to a full charge. then check to be sure alternator belt is tight and battery cables are clean and tight. Have the alternator output checked it should be about 14.5 volts. If you are not getting 12 volts to the PCM you won't get the other reference volts to the sensors needed to keep the engine running.
4 answersMay 05, 2010
3 answersMarch 15, 2011
1 answerDecember 12, 2010
4 answersApril 14, 2009
4 answersJuly 21, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- Why do I have water on the right rear floor area.
- My horn dose not work ,and my airbag flashes,and sometimes I here a beeping.
- can you give me the price from lowest to highest on replaceing my lincoln trans
- Driver wdw wont roll down when the engines on but with my keys on engine off it
- When vehicle is parked on hill with front up the inside leaks when it rains, why
2005 Lincoln LS Estimates
- PCV Valve Replacement ($231 - $295) in Wautoma, WI
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($561 - $824) in Utica, MI
- Radiator Replacement ($672 - $955) in Brighton, IL
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($377 - $522) in Bradford, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($242 - $276) in Dallas, NC
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($84 - $97) in Fort Davis, TX