My volt meter sometimes is reading to high and then it goes back to normal.Can this be caused by a loose connection or bad wiring?or bad cells in the battery?
charging system on 1990 Mercury Cougar
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
March 04, 2012
yes it can. get a battery check from a shop and they will also test the alternator to verify the regulator is working as well.
2 answersJune 19, 2011
2 answersDecember 19, 2010
Verified for the Mercury Cougar34 reports
1 answerJanuary 26, 2011
2 answersMay 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- No peddle on brakes. Had the brakes pads werechecked, they were ok,
- is there a diff between radiators for auto and manual as far as the trans line
- Was driven to wrk and car doed and wont start back up
- where is the EGR valve located on the base 2.0 liter engine?
- The transmission is not going into gear it accelerate before into gear the trans
1990 Mercury Cougar Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Millersburg, KY
- 55,000 Mile Service ($141 - 205) in Hampton Falls, NH
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($426 - 543) in Frankford, DE
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($454 - 595) in Paris, MS
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($75 - 123) in Justice, WV
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($162 - 198) in Maxatawny, PA