My volt meter sometimes is reading to high and then it goes back to normal.Can this be caused by a loose connection or bad wiring?or bad cells in the battery?
charging system on 1990 Mercury Cougar
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by user91328,
March 04, 2012
yes it can. get a battery check from a shop and they will also test the alternator to verify the regulator is working as well.
2 answersJune 19, 2011
Verified for the Mercury Cougar34 reports
2 answersDecember 19, 2010
1 answerJanuary 26, 2011
2 answersMay 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- Engine smocking and appears to be hot but temp light reads normal
- I do not pulsing is there a realy if so we're is it located
- 2001 Cougar will not start?
- My 1999 cougar headlights were not working and my ABS light would.come on it sounded like a altanator problem so I changed it and now my battery light is on? What could my problem be?
- replaced tranny now no spark or power to coil pack