My volt meter sometimes is reading to high and then it goes back to normal.Can this be caused by a loose connection or bad wiring?or bad cells in the battery?
charging system on 1990 Mercury Cougar
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by user91328,
March 04, 2012
yes it can. get a battery check from a shop and they will also test the alternator to verify the regulator is working as well.
2 answersJune 19, 2011
Verified for the Mercury Cougar35 reports
2 answersDecember 19, 2010
1 answerJanuary 26, 2011
2 answersMay 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- Having problem with turn signals. All fuses cked. Have lights .
- Why do I have transmission oil in the antifreeze tank
- How do I unclog a condenser that may be causing my a.c. to blow hot air.
- I have a 1996 cougar It has battery but nothing when you turn the key
- Engine smocking and appears to be hot but temp light reads normal