Charging Problems on 1994 Dodge Intrepid

my intrepid will stop charging when it is idling.The belt makes a screeching noise until you get back up into higher rpms, could this be just the alternator or something else? --mathew64

by in Hesperia, MI on February 23, 2009
3 answers
ANSWER by on February 23, 2009
It sure sounds like the belt tension is too loose. You need to adjust the belt tension, if you don't know how to do this, take it to a shop to have them adjust the tension on all the belts.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on June 16, 2010
check the power steering pressure sensor. It will cause high idle and the engine will stall sometime is low speed turns
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on January 29, 2011
Sounds like you need a new belt. Cars today have a spring loaded tensioner on them. When the belt becomes worn/stretched enough the tensioner can no longer do its job, causing slippage/ squeeling. After replacing the belt if you still have charging issues then it is time to have the charging system annalized.
I have a 1993 Dodge Intrepid thats not charging. Battery load test is good, alternator test at Advance Auto was good also. When batt. is charged and the engine is started I have batt. voltage at ...
why come my battery doesnt charge in the car?
my question is i replaced the spark plugs and the coils and my car wont start. why is that and we also have to keep charging the batteries. done bought two new batteries and have to have another ve...
my car keeps dieing.It wont hold a charge.I replaced the alternator,and it still died and the battery is good.what else is there,and it all started when I jumped this van.
1995 Intrepid 3.3L. A copper male/female connector connecting a wire that runs from the positive battery post into a fuse/distribution box under the hood has broken in half. The car won't run witho...