i needed reprogram so i kept messing around and by placing key in the ignition then reconnecting battery it will start now but only after i hit the unlock button on the remote every time i want to start it and the sensitivity of the alarm is super high now. Is there a way to get the PATS like it used to be before the battery change?
changed battery PATS kicked in wouldnt let me even crank the engine dealer said on 1996 Ford Explorer
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by PARTS GUY ,
June 24, 2012
Yes, have the PATS system reprogramed by a shop that does reprograming.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
1996 Ford Explorer Estimates
- 30,000 Mile Service ($254 - 364) in San Perlita, TX
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Taylor Springs, IL
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($305 - 395) in Alix, AR
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($138 - 214) in Bearden, AR
- Hood Release Cable Replacement ($110 - 241) in Herrick Center, PA
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($181 - 921) in Greenville, CA