Cd changer problems on 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230

I had the battery changed and then the radio display says NO CD CHANGER, anyone know how I can get it to recognize its there? Oh and its a 5 disc, but not the bose one

by in East Bend, NC on February 04, 2010
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on February 04, 2010
You may have to have the adaption re-set for the stereo computer. it can happen with a battery change. Often you need to use a special memory holding tool when you do a battery change, or some of the programming is lost.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on February 04, 2010
How do I have that reset without going 2 the dealership?
ANSWER by on April 28, 2010
I had the same problem. I actually took out the changer and put it back in, then it worked... not saying it's "the answer," but it seemed to work for me that time. There have been one or two other times where it would say that just randomly, but after a few restarts, it was fine... I hate this car
3 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
The CD changer may suffer from an internal mechanical problem. Replacement of the faulty unit is generally required to correct this issue.
Having problem ejecting the CD magazine from the changer. Display showing NO CD CHANGER . how can I fix this
My car has the H/C with Navigation. The navi still guides without sound. The system does not reconize the CD changer and says there is no Satillite radio. I do have satillite radio. No sound at all...
I would like to purchase a cd changer online for my car that has the actual installation wiring in the glove box. It has two seperate wires with plug-ins attached.Can I just attach myself or will I...
Displays "Magazine Empty", but it's not. How can I fix this error? Player is in glove box.