Check eng. light on. Scanner reads :P420" and indicates catalytic converter failure due to engine misfire or running condition or large vacuum leak or engine oil leakage into exhaust-valve guide seals. What can I expect in costs to narrow down the problem?
Catalytic converter failure on 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Asked by for the 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee12 reports
1 answerApril 19, 2009
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems(26)
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair Estimates
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Q&A(137)
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls(5)
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Shops
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
- Is inconsistent on temperature, & doesn't work when set on defrost.
- I have a 171 and 174 code and when I step on gas it just bogs and has no get up.
- My cruise control is not working. Was working , but just recently stopped.
- Why does my vehicle hesitate when I hit a bump at 55+ mph and its warm outside?
- does a bad radio cause ac blows hot air on driver side ,and blows cold on heater
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Gordon, NE
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($193 - $274) in Spring Hope, NC
- AC Condenser Replacement ($447 - $629) in Alcolu, SC
- Glow Plug Replacement ($91 - $121) in Columbus, TX
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($307 - $1,017) in Rootstown, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($292 - $304) in Long Valley, NJ