can this converter cause a need to replace the engine. That is what the dealership explained to us. The converter blew back into the engine causing sensor failure and the need to have the engine replaced.
catalytic converter on 2005 Nissan Armada
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
August 25, 2010
This does not sound like it makes any sense to me, unless the engine caught on fire. The CAT can't really 'blow back' it can be restricted and cause the engine to get hotter than normal, from over working. What is your Nissan doing that it is in the shop. Did it stop running?
Verified for the Nissan Armada25 reports
1 answerNovember 20, 2010
1 answerMarch 06, 2011
1 answerJanuary 23, 2015
1 answerJuly 18, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Armada Questions
- How much does it cost to change the radiator
- when I have to press the gas pedal til the rpm is high for truck to move?
- Need help finding out if I have a electrical problem
- After changing rear brakes a brake light sensor on dash is still on.
- My rear brake lights are not working only the 3rd brake light. Replaced bulbs and checked fuses
2005 Nissan Armada Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($394 - 537) in Winona, WV
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($345 - 804) in High Bridge, NJ
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($498 - 631) in Wauneta, NE
- 105,000 Mile Service ($286 - 416) in Dunbridge, OH
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($409 - 464) in Pardeeville, WI
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Langlois, OR