2012 Volvo XC70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Volvo XC70
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2012 Volvo XC70 Problems
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo XC70 transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may address this issue so if available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made. After a software update or repair, the shift adaptation needs to be reset. A good quality Volvo repair shop will know how to perform this task.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
2012 Volvo XC70 Questions
Should i use 4th gear for highway driving, or just stick to Drive in automatic?
If the light comes on, which tire is affected and how dangerous is it to drive?
2012 Volvo XC70 Recalls
The wire harness under the front seats may not have been secured properly to the seat frame. As a result, when the seats are moved to adjust the seating position, the wire harness may be pulled, causing it to disconnect. In the event of a crash, the front and/or side impact airbags may deploy improperly or not at all, increasing the risk of personal injury. Also, the lap belt pretensioner may not deploy. Dealers will inspect and secure the affected harness as necessary to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is 250.