2006 Volvo XC70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Volvo XC70
- 06 volvo xc 70, trans start mal functioning after 10 mi mainly after stopping .
- The AWD stopped working. Only the front wheels drive.
- what parts are included in a complete cooling system replacement?.
- front differential lash adjustment proceedure to take up play in front drveshaft
- my key will not turn past position 1 the gear changer stuck in park
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Volvo XC70 Problems
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo XC70 transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may address this issue so if available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made. After a software update or repair, the shift adaptation needs to be reset. A good quality Volvo repair shop will know how to perform this task.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
The front control arm bushings wear out, resulting in alignment issues and squeaking and/or knocking noises from the front end. Worn bushings will require replacement.
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning light and/or other dash warning lights may illuminate due to a failed ABS Control Module. Replacement of the failed module is generally required to correct this concern.
2006 Volvo XC70 Questions
My mechanic said there is a connector between the front wheels and the back wheels that needs to be replaced. About how much does that cost?
My 2006 Volvo XC70 was diagnosed with a leaking oil cooler. A minimil amount of oil, approximately four ounces of oil, or, I think that it might be transmission fluid, was found in the coolant reservoir. There was no coolant in the motor oil. Should the heater core be included in the "Comp...
MY 2006 VOLVO XC 70 AWD, DID NOT PERFORM LIKE AWD
I FIND OUT THE ANGEL GEAR IS DAMAGE, I WANT TO GET IT REPLACED AT REASONABLE PRICE
2006 Volvo XC70 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
2006 Volvo XC70 Reviews
At 140,000 miles the transmission was shifting hard in the first 3 gears and sometime going into a neutral position when going from reverse to Drive and visa-versa. I had quotes from 1800.00 to 2500.00 for a rebuild and up to $4000.00 for a new trans from Sweden. I had purchased a vehicle protection plan and they ended up covering this repair (took nearly 3 weeks though). Only reimbursed $35 a...