2002 Volvo V70 XC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volvo V70 XC
- Transmission engaging gears then after few seconds of operation grad.disconnec
- does the V70 Xc AWD require special transmission fluid?
- My car recently started making a high pitch whistling sound.
- 2002 123,000 mile Volvo v70xc possible buy.what should I make sure is done?
- Automatic transmission shifting hesitation and knock
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Volvo V70 XC Problems
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo Cross Country transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may address this issue. If available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made. After a software update or repair, the shift adaptation needs to be reset. A good quality Volvo repair shop will know how to perform this task.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
There have been many reports of ABS Control Module failure. When they fail the ABS and Check Engine warning lights will come on. The speedometer may stop operating as well. To address this issue, there are companies that can repair these units, or it will need to be replaced.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
2002 Volvo V70 XC Questions
transmission fluid for a 2002 volvo v70 XC?
Want it ready for a 16 year old to drive. Brakes are already done. needs a gas fuel door (latch is broken). All else seems good. Saw the 120,000 mile service in the range of 1280.00 Don't think this was done.
The tranny seems to slip intermittently and when it connects there is often a rev and knock. Especially happens on turns where you deccelerate a bit and then accelerate coming out of the turn. It hesitates to kick into gear then "bam"! Sometimes it happens on the highway when you are in...
2002 Volvo V70 XC Recalls
2002 Volvo V70 XC Reviews
I bought my car in Buffalo NY in 2005 just off lease low mileage. I imported it to Canada..I live in Toronto. I have had to use a US zip code to post this. The car has been wonderful.in the winter I love to take it out after it has just snowed. I have Swedish brand snow tires..drives like a tank through the snow! Lots of fun. With our pot holes during the winter I have occasionally had to d...
I Bought this car 6 months ago with 42000 miles on it. What a GREAT car!!! I have replaced the sway bar link, new tires with all wheel alignment and changed the oil. This car is SO comfortable and fun to drive. I have put 15k miles on it and have enjoyed every mile. Much better than a mini van, I haul kids with sports equipment, and band equipment with ease. We have taken this car on 4 whe...
When the car is cold and shifting to drive, there is a delay before going into gear. After the transmission has warmed up from driving the problem seems to go away.