2001 Volvo V70 XC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volvo V70 XC
- fuel tank will only hold 10 gal of gas and register at a bit over 1/2 full.
- My left turn signal operates very fast, but the lites do operate. The right's OK
- Need new key, abs module won't let the computer complete install.
- no parking lights driver side
- When I turn the AC on it runs fine and cold for about 15 min and then quits.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Volvo V70 XC Problems
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo Cross Country transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may address this issue. If available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made. After a software update or repair, the shift adaptation needs to be reset. A good quality Volvo repair shop will know how to perform this task.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
There have been many reports of ABS Control Module failure. When they fail the ABS and Check Engine warning lights will come on. The speedometer may stop operating as well. To address this issue, there are companies that can repair these units, or it will need to be replaced.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
2001 Volvo V70 XC Questions
When I turn the AC on it runs fine for about 15 min and then quits. If i leave it turned off for a while and it gets warm in the card and then turn it back on it will work again.
need list of parts to repair heater core
This is what the message in car tells me: Low dipped beam failure.
2001 Volvo V70 XC Recalls
2001 Volvo V70 XC Reviews
We just bought this car with 117000 miles. The car is very good shape some times the trany harsly change gear other times smoot like butter. I have change the rear hub very easy!!!! Only one things some times the A/C fan sty on even after remove the key from the ignition!!???? If any body figure out please answer!! Thanks Other wise great car!!!
this has been a highly reliable car, fun and well built
The car is great too drive and is very smooth on the highway. The interior is well laid out and shows elegantly for the driver. The maintenance costs will drive you insane though, or mechanics try to rip you off because it's a different type of vehicle.