1999 Volvo V70 XC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volvo V70 XC
- My car is leaking radiator fluid from the cap on the over flow tank.
- My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition, what can be causing this.
- Oil is leaking from front main seal. I have replaced seal, oil pump gaskets set
- the ETS light is coming on, The SRS LIGHT IS ON AND THE ENGINE WARNING LIGHT IS,
- Where can I find a diagram showing the coolant lines on the back of the engine?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Volvo V70 XC Problems
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo Cross Country transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may address this issue. If available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made. After a software update or repair, the shift adaptation needs to be reset. A good quality Volvo repair shop will know how to perform this task.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
There have been many reports of ABS Control Module failure. When they fail the ABS and Check Engine warning lights will come on. The speedometer may stop operating as well. To address this issue, there are companies that can repair these units, or it will need to be replaced.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
1999 Volvo V70 XC Questions
After the car has been running and I shut it off, I hear a loud gurgling noise. I pop the hood and see radiator fluid bubbling out from around the cap on the over flow tank. I replaced the cap thinking the old cap was cracked, but, still have the same problem. The car is not over heating and the ...
It is stuck there now and has been for a week.
still leaking, where do I go from here?
Replaced pcv system and timing belt too...
1999 Volvo V70 XC Recalls
1999 Volvo V70 XC Reviews
Plenty of annoying problems with this car. Owned since brand new, did all maintenance as recc. Like the other guy I needed an abs module, a throttle control module, TWO ac evaporators , upper strut support replacements, electrical relays. Have had to take it in for problems with side airbag sensors, multiple electrical problems of relays and switches. Now have a check engine light indicatin...
I bought a 1999 V70 XC new in Sept. 1998. It has 92,150 miles on it. It's been garaged and is in pristine condition. It is a great all around vehicle but they don't make Volvo's like they used to. So far, I've had the evapoator core replaced (about $2000): the ABS module replaced (over $1000); Driver's window switch replaced, Moon roof electrical problems plus a radiator leak. Now it's at Volvo...
I recently purchased a 1999 Volvo V70 Cross Country that has 81K original miles. It appears to be in excellent condition inside and out except for a small oil leak at the turbo return pipe. The dealer I purchased it from is repairing the problem. Since this seems to be a common problem and does not pose a major problem I am very pleased with the vehicle overall. I bought the V70 as a commuter c...