2008 Volvo V50 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Volvo V50
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2008 Volvo V50 Questions
There seems to be a bail behind what I assume is the cover for the bulb/connector, but there is no room to move in there.
2008 Volvo V50 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
Some vehicles have a power steering return hose that may rupture because a section was not vulcanized properly. If the hose ruptures, there would be a rapid loss of power steering fluid and loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the steering return line assembly. The recall began July, 2008. The Volvo recall number is 201.
Seven vehicles were assembled with roof rail attaching bolts that are too short. When carrying cargo, one or both rails may come loose, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the roof rail bolts as necessary. The Volvo recall number is R196.