2005 Volvo V50 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volvo V50
- Engine dies whilst moving if acelerator pressed. Power returns.
- Thinking of purchasing a 2005 V50 wagon for my daughter
- I have a 20005 Volvo V50 T5, and the engine light comes on. When checking the
- How do I turn off the service light?
- need to replace the axle boot on the right front wheel. the left is wearing
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Volvo V50 Problems
An abnormal noise may develop from the power steering pump. This is commonly caused when the air conditioning accumulator is touching the power steering pump. Our technicians tell us that securing the accumulator so it does not touch the pump will correct this concern.
The audio system screen may freeze at times and clear when the ignition switch is cycled. Our technicians tell us a software upgrade is available which should correct this concern.
An abnormal noise may develop when braking. Our technicians tell us that on vehicles with 16" wheels, revised front brake caliper support brackets are available, also rear brake pads are available to address noise concerns.
2005 Volvo V50 Questions
The fault is intermitant, and power returns when acelerator depressed, there is no warning, the car may do 300 miles with no problem and then the problem will return.
Volvo mechanics cant solve this problem. The car has done 85,000 and has been serviced from new by Volvo garages. Other than th...
engine codes: 1.P0031,P0036,P0030 come up for the Heater low voltage sensor. Replaced them and it blows a fuze and the engine light comes on. Whats going on-checked for any wires shorting out-nothing! could you give me any guidance. Many thanks. My Volvo has 65,000 miles, and engine check light c...
The service light on my Volvo V50 2.0D R Design Sport stays on even though a service or whatever is not required. How can I switch it off?
2005 Volvo V50 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
2005 Volvo V50 Reviews
Bought used 2005 V50 2.4i and have only had two vehicle issues. 2nd issue caused by me. #1 is leaky sunroof causing lots of water on drivers rear side floor. Apparently cracked or broken plastic piece that funnels rain water to outlet tube. $900 to replace but most of that labor to pull seats and dry out carpeting. #2 was I spilled entire glass of green tea on shifter area. Leaked down and basi...
Lots of electrical issues. Bad oil pump (replaced after fighting with corporate Volvo).
So far so good. We bought our 2005 V50 2.4i used with 50,000 miles on it and have put on another 17,000 with no issues so far other than some tire cupping, probably caused by the wheels being out of alignment thanks to the bumpy, potholed roads around here. It's a really nice car.