2004 Volvo V40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volvo V40
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Volvo V40 Problems
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
2004 Volvo V40 Questions
the problem occurs everytime the engine is stated it overheats after about 20 minutes and air pressure is building up in the pipes of the cooling system water is released through the filler cap when it get hot. the temp of the car heater stays cold but the engine overheats
How do I release the shifter knob to replace it? My old knob has a broken button.
I need to access to fuse box (the cigarette lighter blew) any thoughts? It's hard to reach at it. Do I need to unscrew the bottom panel to get to it? Thanks!
2004 Volvo V40 Recalls
Due to inadequate welding, a fuel leak may develop from the fuel rail. A fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will install a v-clamp to the fuel rail to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is R128.
2004 Volvo V40 Reviews
Bought our 2004 V40 as a certified used Volvo in 2006 and have put nearly 100,000 trouble-free miles on it. The only expense we've incurred other than routine maintenance is for the replacement of the glass on the passenger side mirror after someone knocked into it. Some key pluses for the V40; - Seats are comfortable, even on long drives; - Heating and A/C are great. The A/C is strong and c...