2002 Volvo V40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volvo V40
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Volvo V40 Problems
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
There have been reports of premature rear brake pad wear. Our technicians recommend to inspect brake pads at each tire rotation interval.
The turbocharger return pipe seal may develop an oil leak. The leak can begin very small, but will eventually progress into a large leak. Our technicians recommend having this repaired at first signs of leakage.
2002 Volvo V40 Questions
it is ok on heavy acceleration it almost feeles like loose lugnuts on tire their ok.
would like to know where the 02 sensor is located
I have a 2002 Volvo V40. It recently developed a problem where all I get is hot air no matter where the climate control is set. The fan control works fine, but even when I have it off I feel the hot air while driving on the freeway. The air is cold for a few minutes until the car warms up. Th...
2002 Volvo V40 Recalls
2002 Volvo V40 Reviews
I bought this car second hand at 202 000km a year ago. It's my first Volvo and I just love it! No major problem just usual maintenance at this mileage: front wheel bearing (right), ball joint (right), tie rod end (left) and front axle (right). Other problem typical to this model was with the Climate Control Unit: after inspection I found it was bad solder on the "printed circuit board". I redon...