2001 Volvo V40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volvo V40
- will a fuel pump shut your car down on the freeway
- Check engine light came on and I got a P0133 code. I replaced the oxygen sensor.
- Brake pedal requires extra pressure on the first stop
- why does my engine rev very high when in park.
- is there a way to tighten the drivers side visor? it hits my forehead
2001 Volvo V40 Problems
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The turbocharger return pipe seal may develop an oil leak. The leak can begin very small, but will eventually progress into a large leak. Our technicians recommend having this repaired at first signs of leakage.
There have been reports of premature rear brake pad wear. Our technicians recommend to inspect brake pads at each tire rotation interval.
2001 Volvo V40 Questions
driving on freeway car just shut down
After I finish replacing I got like a dozen codes.
the mount is tight--the hinge inside is worn
2001 Volvo V40 Recalls
2001 Volvo V40 Reviews
My Volvo V40 is a nice ride, fun to drive. The interior is the big drawback, it just feels cheap, not like other Volvo's. The power of the 4 cylinder turbo is great, it really get's up and goes when you want it to. We had some check engine light issues that took a few visits to the dealer to get repaired, but has been ok since then.