2001 Volvo V40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volvo V40
- Check engine light came on and I got a P0133 code. I replaced the oxygen sensor.
- Brake pedal requires extra pressure on the first stop
- why does my engine rev very high when in park.
- is there a way to tighten the drivers side visor? it hits my forehead
- i recently went to the emisions facility, and i failed due to an oxygen sensor,
2001 Volvo V40 Problems
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The turbocharger return pipe seal may develop an oil leak. The leak can begin very small, but will eventually progress into a large leak. Our technicians recommend having this repaired at first signs of leakage.
2001 Volvo V40 Questions
After I finish replacing I got like a dozen codes.
the mount is tight--the hinge inside is worn
i recently replaced one on my saab 95, but was curious on my 2001 volvo v40, the car that did not pass, 1st question is how many o2 sensors are on my car i found two in the engine, but is there one by the manifold and exhaust system. also can i clear the codes my self or diy project will it pass ...
2001 Volvo V40 Recalls
2001 Volvo V40 Reviews
My Volvo V40 is a nice ride, fun to drive. The interior is the big drawback, it just feels cheap, not like other Volvo's. The power of the 4 cylinder turbo is great, it really get's up and goes when you want it to. We had some check engine light issues that took a few visits to the dealer to get repaired, but has been ok since then.