1998 Volvo S90 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Volvo S90
- how to change the starter
- Will I need a sleeve of some sort when I repair the rear main seal leak diagnose
- Brake lights do not come on when break pad is depressed.Is ita relay problem.
- AC only blows warm air, cluch does not kick in only when I push the clutch
- There is a tapping/clicking noise when the engine is running.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Volvo S90 Problems
The front control arm bushings wear out, resulting in alignment issues and squeaking and/or knocking noises from the front end. Worn bushings will require replacement.
A "no start condition" and illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a failing engine coolant temperature sensor.
Vibration problems from the rear brake rotors are common and require replacement of the pads and rotors, and the installation of special shims. The symptoms often occur when the brakes are used heavily from repeated braking, braking from high speeds, and braking while going downhill. The entire vehicle can vibrate and shudder, like it is being driven over train tracks.
1998 Volvo S90 Questions
i thank i have all the bolts out but i can't get it to come out
We are concerned there may be scaring on the crank?
I would like to have a sleeve in shop before we pull the train
in with a stick. Then when I shut the car off it does not kick in til I do it again.
1998 Volvo S90 Reviews
I bought my Volvo S90 just last year, and it is as great as everyone says. I just recently encountered my first problem, the Air Pump. The air pump bracket broke causing the pump to lean onto the engine. A very hot screw melted a whole into the pump. The pump now makes a very loud whistling sound when the pump turns on. I want to know if it is safe to drive with the pump disconnected, or if the...
I have a 1998 Volvo S90, bought it, it was in bad shape except for the engine. put a used transmission in it, went to the junkyard and purchased basically a complete interior, seats, carpet. replaced a few bushings on the suspension and the lower control arms, new brakes, replaced a few bushings on the air pump(found those online)-these wear on all the s90 & 960 models. Replaced as many vaccu...
love my 98 volvo s90 but lord help you if you have to replace feul pump.