1997 Volvo S90 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Volvo S90
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Volvo S90 Problems
The front control arm bushings wear out, resulting in alignment issues and squeaking and/or knocking noises from the front end. Worn bushings will require replacement.
A "no start condition" and illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a failing engine coolant temperature sensor.
Vibration problems from the rear brake rotors are common and require replacement of the pads and rotors, and the installation of special shims. The symptoms often occur when the brakes are used heavily from repeated braking, braking from high speeds, and braking while going downhill. The entire vehicle can vibrate and shudder, like it is being driven over train tracks.
1997 Volvo S90 Questions
My front end suspension has been re-done bearings checked.I still have a grating noise coming from the car that my mechanic cannot locate. It is intermittent,he hecked the rear of car still cannot locate the problem.
I can't get the plastic housing covering the bulb off. The dealership mechanics couldn't figure it out either. The nuisance is that when I hit the brake pedal, the idiot light indicating a bad bulb comes on the instrument display. Help!
1997 Volvo S90 Reviews
Love it great engine and a champ not for winter driving
I purchased this vehicle over 18 mths ago.There is no record of the last timing change.I have 252,000 miles on the car.there is a small noise (throttle sound)upon starting which goes away as it drives.