2011 Volvo S80 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Volvo S80
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2011 Volvo S80 Recalls
A computer software error may prevent the transmission from downshifting, such as shifting from fifth to fourth gear when coasting. This can result in decreased engine RPMs and possible engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will upgrade the software to the transmission control module to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is 255.
The engine computer is programed to shut off the fuel system under certain conditions. The software has been determined to be too sensitive and may cause the engine to stall under normal driving conditions. This recall involves updating the software in the engine and transmission control modules to correct this condition.