1998 Volvo S70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Volvo S70
- Does $1150 seem correct for control arm both, bushings, allignment and tires
- ABS ISSUES
- i would like to get an estimate on how much it cost to change my transmission
- I have a 1998 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo. The check engine light is on saying misfire 2
- car hesitate while giving it gas, then it shut off. then able to start it again
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Volvo S70 Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) Control Unit has a high failure rate. When this fault occurs, the ABS light will illuminate and codes may be stored indicating a problem with the ABS Pump Motor, or Wheel Speed Sensors, but the problem is the ABS Control Module.
Other symptoms may include an illuminated Check Engine and transmission shift light. and the speedometer may stop working as well.
Note: The brake system will operate normally however during a panic stop the Anti Lock Brakes will not work and the wheels may lock-up, causing a lack of vehicle control under these situations.
The master window switch may fail, allowing the windows to move in one direction and not the other.
One or more door lock assembly may fail and cause door locking/unlocking problems.
1998 Volvo S70 Questions
Volvo s70 1998 non turbo 5 cylinder
Thinking the fuel relay need to be replace , can't locate it under the hood
I need to replace fuel pump and fuel pump assembly.
1998 Volvo S70 Recalls
1998 Volvo S70 Reviews
The coolant fan comes on automatically once I turn the ignition and the engine is cold. I replaced the thermostat. Whatelse could be wrong?
Many problems over the years. Now has 125K with multiple failures. Have pumped almost $4,000 into it. Waiting for the Optima hybrid to be released this spring. Never going Volvo again.
2nd owner. Have had it 12 years, 100k+ miles driven by me. All the usual problems of other s70s. 4 time volvo owner, but this is the last. Expensive parts as the car ages. $1000 every time I take it to the shop. Front wheel drive just not the same on the newer volvo cars and sadly nothing special. Not bad for a european car but others are better.