2006 Volvo S60 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Volvo S60
- 2006 volvo s60 r AWD lurches while accelerating at high speeds
- I have a ram 2010 hemi, when I try and put gas in it stops at 2gallons start agn
- Coming out of first gear going to second gear.Car Jerks sometimes hard or soft.
- My owners manual say's that I can use E-85 fuel can that be a problem?
- where is the evap leak detection pump located?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Volvo S60 Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting problems and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to internal component failure and/or software issues. It is always best to be sure the transmission control module has the latest software installed when any major transmission repair is performed.
It is not uncommon for the exterior light bulbs to burn out prematurely. No repair option has been reported other than replacing the failed bulb.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
2006 Volvo S60 Questions
Seems as the longer you drive the worse it gets.
Now it display's Check Transmission display as well as check engine light plus in the middle of those two lights it has a triangular light lit.
Can anything "BAD" happen to the engine components or the engine it self?
will replacing it solve the intermittent circuit problem?
trouble code P2407
check engine light came on yesterday.
2006 Volvo S60 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
The tire pressure and loading information label may be incorrect. This could lead to improper vehicle loading or tire pressures that could result in a tire failure. Dealers will mail the correct label to vehicle owners. This recall is expected to begin on December 18, 2006. The Volvo recall number is 161.
2006 Volvo S60 Reviews
I got my 2006 S60 at Volvo of Louisville in February and absolutly love it! The only issue I have is that when I'm stopped at a trafic light, the steering wheel will vibrate and sometimes the vibration will actually get bad enough where my hand actually starts feeling numb. Also, when I brought it in to be checked out, they loaned me another 2006 S60 and it evidenced the same issue. The Serv...
I PURCHASED THE S60 IN APRIL OF 2012 NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE UNTIL FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2013 I COULD NOT GET THE GEAR OUT OF PARK, I WORKED ON IT FOR 40MIN AND IT CAME OUT OF PART GOING BACK AND FORTH AND PRESSING ON THE BRAKES. I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE EVER SINCE UP UNTIL THIS MORNING WHERE IT TOOK 45 MIN FOR IT TO GET INTO DRIVE