2003 Volvo S60 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volvo S60
- imfo on dash read shift up or slow speed ?
- today my volvo started to loose power while driving,it did not stop running
- Why would the ABS warning light start flashing so soon after purchase.
- Cruise Control Sensor & audio volume sensor on steering wheel failed. Fuse fix?
- Replaced MAP SENOR AND MAF AIRFLOW. ENGINE LIGHT BACK ON hesitate still CUT OFF
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Volvo S60 Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting problems and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to internal component failure and/or software issues. It is always best to be sure the transmission control module has the latest software installed when any major transmission repair is performed.
It is not uncommon for the exterior light bulbs to burn out prematurely. No repair option has been reported other than replacing the failed bulb.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
2003 Volvo S60 Questions
car was loosing power but kept running, very little power, stopped and turned it off then when I started it ran fine a few minutes then did the same thing. check engine lite was flashig while engine was running with little power, trans shifted fine just took a long time because car was only going...
My 2003 s60 is a 5speed MANUAL transmission, no problems what so ever. I do have a loss of engine power and after replacing a MAF and MAP sensor, the car is still sluggish and bogs down. My volvo mechanic did a diagnostic trace and it said software upgrade needed. Can this truly fix a problem lik...
The cluster is out and everything else works on the car but the manual does not show the fuse for the cluster. Many Thanks.
2003 Volvo S60 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
When exposed to certain environmental conditions (hot climate and temperature cycling) over time and in combination with varying fuel quality, the fuel pump can develop cracks in the fuel pump flange. If cracks develop, a fuel smell and/or leak may be noted. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the fuel pump as necessary to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is R220.
The fuel pressure sensor may at times transmit an incorrect signal to the engine control module. If the signal is outside of the pre-programmed allowable limits, the Check Engine Light can illuminate and a fault code will be stored. An engine misfire and/or engine stalling may occur. In certain traffic situations, this could cause an unsafe situation and possibly a crash. Dealers will replace the fuel pressure sensor to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is R181.
2003 Volvo S60 Reviews
This is the worst car I ever had . The car is paid off, but every month I spend money on repairs, as well as to pay for a new car.
Auto transmission no shift after engine start for about 1 minute
Apparently these vehicles have issues with the turn signals and the radio, but at 100k, things are going to begin to not operate correctly. Don't neglect you spark plugs, allowing them to remain in the vehicle for excessive mileage can end up leading to ignition coil failures, and ignition coils are not exactly cheap.