2002 Volvo S60 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volvo S60
- The car is making a funny idling sound.
- car starts stutters then cuts out engin light on automatic
- Ihave a 2002 Volvo S60 non turbo - for some time now my check engine light been
- We have a 2002 S60 Volvo(not turbo charged) that makes a whistling(sucking)noise
- 2002 Volvo s60 suction noise but if oil cap removed noise stops
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Volvo S60 Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting problems and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to internal component failure and/or software issues. It is always best to be sure the transmission control module has the latest software installed when any major transmission repair is performed.
It is not uncommon for the exterior light bulbs to burn out prematurely. No repair option has been reported other than replacing the failed bulb.
Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.
2002 Volvo S60 Questions
The is a massage on the car that reads "ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE URGENT". also the triangle in the middle of the gauges is lighting red. What is wrong with the car, please help.
We have seen a fix for a turbo charged Volvo, but this car is not turbo charged. The other fix was for the PCV valve. Please help
Read that it could be the pvc valve but can not find that part for the vehicle.
2002 Volvo S60 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
When exposed to certain environmental conditions (hot climate and temperature cycling) over time and in combination with varying fuel quality, the fuel pump can develop cracks in the fuel pump flange. If cracks develop, a fuel smell and/or leak may be noted. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the fuel pump as necessary to correct this concern. The Volvo recall number is R220.
2002 Volvo S60 Reviews
This car looks great, but it's very expensive to maintain. And all Volvo Dealers are not honest and forthright with their prices on parts and labor, especially if you are a woman. Do your homework! each dealer has it's own prices on parts and labor. I have found that the Volvo dealer nearest me (SCOTT VOLVO OF LEHIGH VALLEY, PA) are especially into ripping off their clients. I asked for a pri...
great fun comfortable car
This car is a great car if you are looking for a cross between luxury and speed. It handles great and stops on a dime. And its quite pretty. However some of the draw backs of this vehicle are, if you dont have a good paying job this is not the car for you. This car is meticulous that unless you have a mechanic who specializes in Volvo's you will always be at the dealer. Considering that ev...