2010 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Volvo S40
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2010 Volvo S40 Problems
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
2010 Volvo S40 Questions
2010 Volvo S40 Recalls
Volvo is recalling certain passenger vehicles equipped with power front passenger seats because the front seat rail's detection system was manufactured incorrectly. This can cause the passenger seat to move beyond the intended maximum, which may increase the risk of injury to the passenger in a crash. Dealers will inspect and repair the rails free of charge.
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
The shifter on a manual transmission may be loose where it mounts to the assembly. A loose shifter may present a loss of shifting and vehicle control. Dealers will re-torque the shifter lever assembly to the correct specification. This recall began on June 14, 2010. The Volvo recall number is R227.