2009 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Volvo S40
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Volvo S40 Problems
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
2009 Volvo S40 Questions
The rotor wears just enough to create a small lip at the outer edge. How do you compress the caliper enough to get the pads out? I know you have to turn the piston to compress it but it's a catch 22 since you can't get to the piston until the pads are out and I can't get the pads...
2009 Volvo S40 Recalls
Volvo is recalling certain passenger vehicles equipped with power front passenger seats because the front seat rail's detection system was manufactured incorrectly. This can cause the passenger seat to move beyond the intended maximum, which may increase the risk of injury to the passenger in a crash. Dealers will inspect and repair the rails free of charge.
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
Some vehicles have a power steering return hose that may rupture because a section was not vulcanized properly. If the hose ruptures, there would be a rapid loss of power steering fluid and loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the steering return line assembly. The recall began July, 2008. The Volvo recall number is 201.