2006 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Volvo S40
- My car wont turn over, will it be fixable by replacing head gasket?
- Why when I brake at low speeds do i hear a pop noise from the front end?
- Volvo s40 2.5 turbo (2006) wont shift properly (automatic)
- why does my car not able to select any gears?
- I can not shift into drive. It gets stuck at neutral. What could be the problem?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Volvo S40 Problems
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
There have been reports of premature rear brake pad wear. Our technicians recommend to inspect brake pads at each tire rotation interval.
2006 Volvo S40 Questions
Last week my car was overheating and low on water. I couldn't figure out why. Im not car savvy and had just had a tune up and was not do for oil for some time. Today my car puttered to a stop and wont turn over. I was told by a car savvy friend.. head gasket for sure. Does this sound like it ...
I own a 2006 s40i with 73K miles. When I am pulling out or starting off at low speeds and then break ( like at a stop sign) I hear a pop noise after I depress the break pedal? What could be the cause? it occurs all the time.
My car is stuck on park and will not select any gears. The car starts with no problems.
2006 Volvo S40 Recalls
Volvo is recalling all models equipped with Garmin 760 Portable Global Positioning System units because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Volvo advises owners to stop using the Garmin device immediately and consult the Garmin website to determine if they have a defective unit. The unit's battery will be replaced and a spacer inserted to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
2006 Volvo S40 Reviews
I have a 2006 S40, bought it at a Lexus dealer second hand. Went through previous repair documents and car fax. Car was and is still in Excellent condition, and has only 55K miles. However, 2 months after the purchase, the engine light appears on/off intermittently. Now it will not pass smog. Replaced oxygen and pressure sensors, Volvo dealers have had the car for a week and still cannot d...