2001 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volvo S40
- What are the mains and bigend tightening torque specs on the S40 2.0l turbo?
- About the Fuel pressure regulator. Takes several turns to start.
- Rough start runs good. Starter or cylinoid?
- how much is radiator replacement
- Just had my battery changed. Now when braking the engine tries to cut out. Battery light comes on. What could b the problem?
2001 Volvo S40 Problems
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The right front engine mount wears out prematurely, causing engine vibration at idle.
There have been reports of premature rear brake pad wear. Our technicians recommend to inspect brake pads at each tire rotation interval.
2001 Volvo S40 Questions
I'd like to know where this fuel pressure regulator is located, and about what it looks like. The Site says it's the fuel pressure regulator or the vacuum line attached to it that is causing it to have starting problems. I've had a diagnostic run a couple of times and no codes come up...
I was told car may need a new starter also told it could be the cylinoid. Dont know anything about need help!!!