2001 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volvo S40
- Just changed the radiator, now car wont stay on unless foot on gas
- Timing belt came off while driving ihow do I know if its damaged beyond repait. Pulled over and towed home
- Timing came off in motion is repairable
- The car won't go over 1st gear while driving. What can I do to fix that?
- Just recently my car cut off for no reason. Sitting in traffic it cut off.
2001 Volvo S40 Problems
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The right front engine mount wears out prematurely, causing engine vibration at idle.
There have been reports of premature rear brake pad wear. Our technicians recommend to inspect brake pads at each tire rotation interval.
2001 Volvo S40 Questions
Just changed my radiator through my intercooler system, and now when i start my car it works fine if my foot stays on the gas but the second i move my foot the car stalls. I had no hang ups in replacing the radiator i had a damaged hose to the overflow tank but took care of that too, I am thinkin...
Timing belt cameoffwhilr driving
it is hard to start after it sits for 5-10 mins helps to give it some gas while cranking