2000 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volvo S40
- what can cause white smoke out the tailpipe? With no water in the engine oil?
- Replacing front shocks and springs
- What's the cost to repair an oil pan gasket and also a transmission fluid leakage?
- What is the cost to repair the oil pan gasket and leakage of transmission fluid?
- We are trying to get out Volvo S40 running again. The Volvo dealership estimated $5,000 in repairs! The worst problem is as you're driving, the engine revs and you have to pull over and throw in neutral to get it running again. Not very safe!
2000 Volvo S40 Problems
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The right front engine mount wears out prematurely, causing engine vibration at idle.
2000 Volvo S40 Questions
i got aoil change about feb. this year the man told me i need a valve gasket cover i hope i am saying the part name right .so i forgot until the two week ago i look at mydrive there where all my oil had link out i see it all on the left tire so what i should do
My friend changed my oil and my car cranks like normal but when you press the gas to go it revs up but does not move
2000 Volvo S40 Recalls
2000 Volvo S40 Reviews
My car has 130,000 miles with no unexpected problems. I have had to repair the turbo seal and right engine mount, both are listed in the common problems list. Car runs great and gets 34MPG on the freeway.
I desperately need an air tube for a 2000 S40 turbo. I looked on line and the product I can come up with was the K & N generation 1 performance edition air tube. Would this work on my car? If it does it is misleading because the K & N models do not have an attachment that connects to a smaller tube that attaches to the radiator. Is anyone tracking?
My 2000 S40 is a very good car, however given me headaches with endless problems. It has done 187 000Km and already I had to replace all my shocks and shock mountings, my engine mountings are making noises now. My biggest headache is my electronics, headlights not working correct, central locking not working all the time, radio aerial not working. I have been to an electrician and he says the M...