2000 Volvo S40 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volvo S40
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Volvo S40 Problems
The right front engine mount wears out prematurely, causing engine vibration at idle.
The fuel pressure regulator can leak and cause a hard start condition, without any faults recorded in the engine computer.
The engine may not start due to a failed starter control module. If the module has indeed failed, it will require replacement.
2000 Volvo S40 Questions
115,000 miles replaced crank/cam shaft seals, timing belt, water pump, valve, still leaks small amount of oil near front passenger side.
and now there is a grinding noise coming from the clutch housing when on tick over
The car has a manual gearbox. i cannot move the lever past the reverse stop on the gate.
2000 Volvo S40 Recalls
2000 Volvo S40 Reviews
My car has 130,000 miles with no unexpected problems. I have had to repair the turbo seal and right engine mount, both are listed in the common problems list. Car runs great and gets 34MPG on the freeway.
My 2000 S40 is a very good car, however given me headaches with endless problems. It has done 187 000Km and already I had to replace all my shocks and shock mountings, my engine mountings are making noises now. My biggest headache is my electronics, headlights not working correct, central locking not working all the time, radio aerial not working. I have been to an electrician and he says the M...
I desperately need an air tube for a 2000 S40 turbo. I looked on line and the product I can come up with was the K & N generation 1 performance edition air tube. Would this work on my car? If it does it is misleading because the K & N models do not have an attachment that connects to a smaller tube that attaches to the radiator. Is anyone tracking?