2004 Volvo C70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volvo C70
- how do you reset the rops?
- constant ding and right side window switch doesn't work drivers side
- The battery will drain after 2 or 3 days if the car is not driven. Battery is fine; it has been checked by two different establishments. Nothing is left on (vanity mirror lights, trunk lights, etc).
- Is it possible to replace only the gear portion of the window regulator?
- C70 convertible sensor
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Volvo C70 Problems
The convertible top may have problems with the micro-switches and potentiometers that help control the raising and lowering of the top.
Several complaints have been reported regarding Volvo C70 transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may fix this issue so if available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
Door window regulator failures have been reported. These vehicles have a very complex door window mechanism that can be very difficult to adjust properly after installing a new window regulator. This can lead to air leaks, wind noise, and a door that doesn't open or close properly. This is a good time to find an experienced Volvo mechanic!
2004 Volvo C70 Questions
When the last guy checked the battery, he burned his thumb. He said the battery terminal should not be that hot. He recommended cleaning the terminals and posts. I also found an article on the web that indicated there was a problem with the positive crimp on some Volvo models, which would caus...
Driver's side window suddenly stopped working, followed by a clicking sound, as though the window motor was still running. It finally stopped, and luckily after a few tries, I was able to get the window completely closed.
After removing the door panel to further investigate, all cables ...
I would like detailed instructions if you can please and thank you!
2004 Volvo C70 Reviews
Love this car. It's a pleasure to drive and has been very reliable. I bought an extended warranty but it turned out to be a waste of money since I only had a $100 repair during the 3 years of warranty.
The convertible is great, but the car does not have a lot of bells and whistles. The interior is pretty plain, and the dashboard is basic. The upgraded sound system is fantastic. Maaintenance has been fine with the exception of the transmission needing to be replace at 69K miles. THis si terrible for a 5 year old car. Volvo, or repair shops, don't repair Volvo transmissions. They only rep...
My daughter bought a 2004 C70 from a co-worker. It ran great for about a year and then the transmission had to be repaired, the ac stopped working, the rag top will no longer open or close, this all happened within about three months. Now the lights aren't working properly. Will never buy another Volvo.