2000 Volvo C70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volvo C70
- I just bought a C70 today and now it will not start. The battery is good no nois
- The rag top doesn't go all the way down. Stops about 2 inches away from sealing. The locking mechanism seam to not be latching. Where is the manual override control?
- The rag top went down almost all the way. Where is the manual adjustment
- when I try to put transmisson in park it grins and have to turn engine off to pu
- when I put my car in park the car still rolls and the car wont move with trans i
2000 Volvo C70 Problems
The convertible top may have problems with the micro-switches and potentiometers that help control the raising and lowering of the top.
Several complaints have been reported regarding Volvo C70 transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may fix this issue so if available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
Door window regulator failures have been reported. These vehicles have a very complex door window mechanism that can be very difficult to adjust properly after installing a new window regulator. This can lead to air leaks, wind noise, and a door that doesn't open or close properly. This is a good time to find an experienced Volvo mechanic!
2000 Volvo C70 Questions
than the car still rolls
transmission wont ingage trans fluid fine