1999 Volvo C70 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volvo C70
- how much will it cost to fix the switch that makes the top go up and down?
- I have an exhaust b cam shaft position timing over advanced
- are there any interchangeable front seat for a 1999 Volvo c70
- Is there a manual switch to raise the convertible top back down? if so,location?
- What do I need to do to get the top cover lock me be to work. They won't lock.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Volvo C70 Problems
The convertible top may have problems with the micro-switches and potentiometers that help control the raising and lowering of the top.
Door window regulator failures have been reported. These vehicles have a very complex door window mechanism that can be very difficult to adjust properly after installing a new window regulator. This can lead to air leaks, wind noise, and a door that doesn't open or close properly. This is a good time to find an experienced Volvo mechanic!
Several complaints have been reported regarding Volvo C70 transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmission operation all together to name a few.
If the issue is minor, a transmission software update may fix this issue so if available, the software should be updated before any repairs are made.
There are several technical service bulletins (TSB's) available from Volvo that address these shifting issues and they should be consulted by the repair shop during the automatic transmission diagnostic process.
Regular servicing of the transmission fluid can help with preventing transmission failure, but not in all cases. Follow the suggested fluid replacement interval recommended by Volvo. You will find this in your owners manual, or find it here: http://bit.ly/Volvo_Owners_Manuals
1999 Volvo C70 Questions
If there is a manual switch for using convertible where is it located?
I've replaced everything under the top cover and I the only parts that won't work are the lock me he on both side either when u go up or down with the top. Everything else is working fine. When I manually lock them thru the trunk everything works.
so it would be helpful to know how do you tell whether it is switch or motor that is not working? as i can buy a roof motor on ebay, is there a test to decide which one is broken, cheers