1997 Volvo 960 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Volvo 960
- ABS light and check engine light are on. ABS not working. Somehow this effects the transmission which sometimes shifts out of gear.
- MY 97 volvo distributorless ignition has no spark on ignition coil #5.#5 coil ok
- How install sun visor on passenger side?
- How install new hood struts?
- Headlights have gone out--everything else works.
1997 Volvo 960 Problems
The sway bar bushings commonly wear out, causing a knocking noise from the front of the vehicle. Replacing the worn bushings should correct this concern.
Vibration problems from the rear brake rotors are common and require replacement of the pads and rotors, and the installation of special shims. The symptoms often occur when the brakes are used heavily from repeated braking, braking from high speeds, and braking while going downhill. The entire vehicle can vibrate and shudder, like it is being driven over train tracks.
1997 Volvo 960 Questions
Is their a terminal for #5s coil ?on the power stage if so how do I check that particular one.
Headlights do not come on--other lights front and rear seem fine. Fuses checked--and are OK.
Have looked around and see there is a relay, or possibly a switch at fault.
Any idea on prices for either of these jobs?
Would love to fix it myself having just paid $860 for front suspension work!