1996 Volvo 960 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volvo 960
- shakes while sitting idle and while driving what could be the cause of this?
- I have a code po410 where do I start
- Flashing arrow on dash flashes back and forward on trans. choice lights
- Engine starts fine but difficult to unlock from park position
- shhhhhhhhhh noise after about 15 minutes of driving and transmission issues
1996 Volvo 960 Problems
The sway bar bushings commonly wear out, causing a knocking noise from the front of the vehicle. Replacing the worn bushings should correct this concern.
Vibration problems from the rear brake rotors are common and require replacement of the pads and rotors, and the installation of special shims. The symptoms often occur when the brakes are used heavily from repeated braking, braking from high speeds, and braking while going downhill. The entire vehicle can vibrate and shudder, like it is being driven over train tracks.
1996 Volvo 960 Questions
yeah when the car is cold it starts and runs smoothly but after it warms up a few minutes it starts to shake, just curious what causes the shaking cause no check engine light comes on.. thank you for answering..
Jiggling key or pressing and strongly repressing brake will eventually free up shifter.