1996 Volvo 960 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volvo 960
- Engine starts fine but difficult to unlock from park position
- shhhhhhhhhh noise after about 15 minutes of driving and transmission issues
- also my car doesnt crank right up like it used too before i had to get engine
- my engine was recently rebuilt and oil leak repaired intake manifold head gasket
- check engine light comes on when gas tank hits 3/4 full
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Volvo 960 Problems
The sway bar bushings commonly wear out, causing a knocking noise from the front of the vehicle. Replacing the worn bushings should correct this concern.
Vibration problems from the rear brake rotors are common and require replacement of the pads and rotors, and the installation of special shims. The symptoms often occur when the brakes are used heavily from repeated braking, braking from high speeds, and braking while going downhill. The entire vehicle can vibrate and shudder, like it is being driven over train tracks.
1996 Volvo 960 Questions
Jiggling key or pressing and strongly repressing brake will eventually free up shifter.
OK, so I bought my car about 5-6 months ago. Within 1 day had a problem with the transmission - felt like it was slipping, sometimes just staying in low gear. Had a rebuild trans put in. Fine for a little while, than there was a shhhhhh sound after driving about 15 minutes, which would stop if I...
The constant beeping in my car...how do i make it stop...i understand clearly its an electrical problem however isnt this draining my battery as well??? how do i fix this?? also my dashboard lights dont work can that be fixed too?