1995 Volvo 850 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Volvo 850
- Need a radiator. Should I get one from. Junk yard or buy brand new ?3
- do you have to change the timing chain when you replace water pump
- My fan in my Volvo is not working it goes off and on
- my car is running a little ruff, check engine light has come on.I also have idle
- Is there an adhesive I can use on the heater core and housing ( bottom ) .
1995 Volvo 850 Problems
It's quite common for the the fuel pump to fail, causing a no start condition. The engine will crank over but it will not start.
To verify this the fuel pressure and electrical power to the fuel pump should be checked. If the pump is getting power and there's no pressure, replace the pump. If it isn't getting power, check the fuel pump relay circuit.
The AC evaporator can develop a leak resulting in insufficient AC cooling. Our technicians recommend when replacing the evaporator, have a pollen filter kit installed to help with air quality in the cabin.
The electronic portion of the ignition switch may malfunction, causing some dash lights to stay on. When this happens, a wiggle of the ignition key should temporarily return everything to normal.
1995 Volvo 850 Questions
not much power, hesitattion
1995 Volvo 850 Recalls
1995 Volvo 850 Reviews
I love this car just replaced some things but overall a great car and gets close to 500 miles on full tank when driving out of town. I am at 121k miles
Still going strong and reaching 300k miles
I own a 1995 Volvo 850 turbo with 200,000+ miles on it. It still runs well for a 19 year old car. Only real problem is the air conditioning - after it failed twice i finally gave up on fixing it.