1990 Volvo 740 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Volvo 740
- Started and ran before I replaced the fuel filter. Does the fuel line need to be rid of air? Stalls when I try and start it. Not sure what I did wrong.
- wont start sometimes when hot
- flashing engine temp gauge with varing low numbers displayed on 1988 Volvo.
- Instrument panel backlights out, including climate control, gear select, etc.
- smells of gas and no visible fuel leak, idle ocilates 4-500 rpm, stalls occasion
1990 Volvo 740 Problems
Engine stalling/stumbling problems can be caused by a failing mass airflow sensor.
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
1990 Volvo 740 Questions
Replaced upper radiator coolant hose before I did this. Actual year is 1988. Had been sitting for awhile (1.5 years) before I started working on it. Fuel pumps work fine. Fuel lines look in good condition, no leaking, no rusting. Coolant temp sensor has not been replaced before, as well as fuel p...
needs to cool down to start
could this be vac leaks or is it map,o2,sensor related? fuel pressure? also will occasionally buck while driving at interstate spd. there is no check engine light on also the speedo has become erratic and the anti lock light is coming on after hitting a bump and now stays on longer/more often