1990 Volvo 740 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Volvo 740
- Instrument panel backlights out, including climate control, gear select, etc.
- smells of gas and no visible fuel leak, idle ocilates 4-500 rpm, stalls occasion
- when I turn my headlights on the the bulb warning light comes on my car just hit
- 1990 Volvo 740 4 cyl. Hole burned through top of piston 4. What is the cause?
- The car only starts when the fuel line is separated from the fuel rail.
1990 Volvo 740 Problems
Engine stalling/stumbling problems can be caused by a failing mass airflow sensor.
1990 Volvo 740 Questions
could this be vac leaks or is it map,o2,sensor related? fuel pressure? also will occasionally buck while driving at interstate spd. there is no check engine light on also the speedo has become erratic and the anti lock light is coming on after hitting a bump and now stays on longer/more often
It just hit the 20000 mark could it be something in the drive shift, is it hard to change the bump stop.
I pulled the head and there is a hole burned through the top edge of the piston.