1993 Volvo 240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Volvo 240
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1993 Volvo 240 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive. In some cases the Overdrive light may stay all the time or not come on at all. The relay is located behind the center console, just left of the glove box. Before replacing the relay it is crucial that the wire leading to the overdrive solenoid is inspected to ensure it isn't shorting out on the transmission case. Failure to check this may lead to a failure of a newly installed relay.
Engine drivability problems can be caused by a failing mass air flow sensor.
1993 Volvo 240 Questions
the brake lite dont work
Vehicle has been sitting for a little over a year after I ran out of money for repairs. Now I have the money but I cannot get the car to start. Charged the battery numerous times but that does not help. There is no cranking or any starting noises at all. Thought it might be something with the fue...
ran out of gas. I can use starting fluid to get it started but won't stay running. I replaced cap,roter,plugs.Thanks for your help