1992 Volvo 240 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Volvo 240
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Volvo 240 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive. In some cases the Overdrive light may stay all the time or not come on at all. The relay is located behind the center console, just left of the glove box. Before replacing the relay it is crucial that the wire leading to the overdrive solenoid is inspected to ensure it isn't shorting out on the transmission case. Failure to check this may lead to a failure of a newly installed relay.
Engine drivability problems can be caused by a failing mass air flow sensor.
1992 Volvo 240 Questions
On the way to get an oil change a arrow appeared on the das.It started to smoke.What does this mean?The arrow appears periodically along with a flashing oil sensor.
is the sensor on the front of the engine or underneath the engine
my trans is out, no forwoud or back. eng is ok, whats next?