1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon
- Leaking Cylinder Head O-rings/Porous Cylinder Heads May Cause Overheating
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Transmission damage due to faild transmission oil cooler
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air flow, oxygen, and coolant sensor failures
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Problems
Leaking cylinder head O-rings and/or porous cylinder heads can cause coolant loss and engine overheating. A porous cylinder will require replacement.
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.automatic transmission models when the transmission oil cooler fails and allows coolant to mix with the automatic transmission fluid.
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Questions
van was working then stalled once,then when starting had to hold gas down,now it wont start at all check wires new dis. and roto
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Recalls
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Reviews
My family loves this Vanagon. We go camping all over the west coast and it suits all our needs. We have almost 200,000 miles on her, and the kids are getting older so we may need to get another vehicle soon but we'll miss her. Except for the time the alternator failed when we were in Yosemite, it hasn't left us stranded! My hubby does all the work on it so it stays in good shape!
My VW Vanagon had to have the cylinder heads replaced and the water pump too. The cylinder heads were pitted and leaking coolant, very expensive repair! Other than those problems it's been reliable and it offers a unique driving experience!