2004 Volkswagen R32 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen R32
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Volkswagen R32 Problems
Condensation may develop in the heater case which can cause a musty odor from the heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system. Our technicians tell us the drain system should be checked for debris. In addition, a cleaner is available for the heater case.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2004 Volkswagen R32 Questions
Have had major work on the A/C system, sensors replaced, power module replaced, both fans replaced, full charge on gas. Even with fan pot on high only slight whisper of output through the vents....air nice and cold but relatively little air flow.
Shop quoted almost $900 for a single wheel bearing, hub, and alignment. Is this right or are they trying to get more money? I've heard of people getting 2 bearings replaced for this amount, but not a single one.