2008 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Volkswagen Passat
- can you help me with a repair quote for repair of my catalytic converter? thanks
- what is an ECM and how do you reflash it?
- I will buy 2008 passat with 106000 km as mileage . What I have it worry about . What I have to repair preventioly
- What is the mileage you would change the timing belt and waterpump?
- trailer hitch/tow bar on Passat 2008 3.6L 4 motion wagon
2008 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2008 Volkswagen Passat Questions
The bumper is so close to the ground that I bump it too frequently. Had it in the body shop several times. And yes, I have tried to go slow through ditches and around corners.
2008 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The engine control module may not correctly control the idle speed with the air conditioning on. The could result in an unexpected idle surge, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the engine control module software to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by May 30, 2008. The Volkswagen recall number is 24M9/R7.