2008 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Volkswagen Passat
- What is the mileage you would change the timing belt and waterpump?
- trailer hitch/tow bar on Passat 2008 3.6L 4 motion wagon
- what is the cost for replacement of a diverter valve on a 2008 Passat turbo.
- Car misfires, runs rough on cold start. After warmup, runs better but not 100%.
- Has anyone besides me had an issue with the front bumper?
2008 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2008 Volkswagen Passat Questions
The bumper is so close to the ground that I bump it too frequently. Had it in the body shop several times. And yes, I have tried to go slow through ditches and around corners.
is this right or is it meant to stay as high as 90???
2008 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The engine control module may not correctly control the idle speed with the air conditioning on. The could result in an unexpected idle surge, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the engine control module software to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by May 30, 2008. The Volkswagen recall number is 24M9/R7.