2005 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Passat
- Why would the engine keep roaring in third gear
- Don't know what a light that turned on my dashboard means
- Having misfiring problems... Idk what to do.
- When he car is turned on the smell of gas comes through the air conditioner vent
- the park brake could not release and the gear lever hooked on the park level
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2005 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2005 Volkswagen Passat Questions
It's a car and on the right side of the cars there seems to be what looks to be a little light bulb
I took the car to the mechanic shop they told me there are no leaks. When he car is turned on the smell of gas comes through the air conditioner vents.The engine light is on. What could this be ?
Driver side window goes down but makes a noise but will only go back up half way.
2005 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2005 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
Good car. Mine is the V6 w/4Motion. Nice legroom, and I'm 6'2". Engine is peppy enough, but could be a little stronger. I like the TipTronic transmission, but shifting with it isn't as nearly satisfying as a manual with a clutch, but that's not why I bought this car. This is a very comfortable, quiet riding car. MPG is a little low around town, but between 20 - 24 on the highway. ...