2004 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Passat
- Would a new fan because of ac not working have anything to do with an alternator
- Is the. A relation between my replaced fan and ac and the cars alternator light
- I have a Diagnostic code P0321.
- Both of my fog lights went out at the same time, any suggestions?
- My Temperature gauge reads normal but I have no heat, what can I do to fix this?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2004 Volkswagen Passat Questions
Replaced the fan for ac and 2 days later the alternator light is on the car will need a tow to get serviced
Both bulbs are fine
I've only checked the fluid level. I've been told to replace a few things but I don't want to play Russian roulette with parts and spend a crap ton of money. Just recently had a baby and money is tight. Please help!!!
2004 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2004 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
I liked this car until I got the famous "oil pressure" light. The engine blew before I could slow down to pull over! VW is aware of the problem but because I bought the car used I cannot provide all the service records. I changed the oil every 3000 miles but that is not enough for them to cover the warrenty. I will never buy a VW product again!
This car has served me well. Other people have told me they've had electrical problems with the Passat, but I've not had any.
I brought a used 2004 passat GLS sedan in 2011..It has been a pain, costly repairs..Never ending oil leaks...I would not recommend this vehicle....