2004 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Passat
- What is the cost for parts and labor to replace all 3 motor mounts?
- what is problem with car that has oil in coolant reservoir and on oil stick
- How do i fix a exhaust leak when its by my manifold i think my car is a turbo
- Would a new fan because of ac not working have anything to do with an alternator
- Is the. A relation between my replaced fan and ac and the cars alternator light
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2004 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2004 Volkswagen Passat Questions
Replaced the fan for ac and 2 days later the alternator light is on the car will need a tow to get serviced
2004 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2004 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
I liked this car until I got the famous "oil pressure" light. The engine blew before I could slow down to pull over! VW is aware of the problem but because I bought the car used I cannot provide all the service records. I changed the oil every 3000 miles but that is not enough for them to cover the warrenty. I will never buy a VW product again!
I brought a used 2004 passat GLS sedan in 2011..It has been a pain, costly repairs..Never ending oil leaks...I would not recommend this vehicle....
This car has served me well. Other people have told me they've had electrical problems with the Passat, but I've not had any.