2003 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Passat
- coolant fluid in holding tank seems leak out often from overflow tube car warm
- my vw passat 2003 1.8t is worring me the engine has run 170,000 miles. when driving i hear a racking sound in the engine like after a while it stop when i slow and to continue it happens. the car is automatic trasmission. what is wrong ? my mechanic says
- flashers going off for no reason, what do I need to do
- Does a 2003 Volkswagen GLS 2.8L engine have to be dropped or lifted if replaced?
- engine have racking noise internally
2003 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2003 Volkswagen Passat Questions
my mechanic says the has lose power
driving they go off touch brakes it stops but let off brakes starts again (fuse?)
I have a mechanic that has the ability to drop an engine but not to lift it, so I am wondering if my car engine will need to be lifted or dropped?
2003 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
2003 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
Perhaps I got a lemon, but this car has been trouble since day one.
I've owned my 03 Passat, 1.8T for 4 years now. I've had pretty much all the same mechanical problems as everyone else. There is 1 very expensive repair I have to do soon and that's to replace the secondary air pump. VW wants over $800 to do it. I can do it for $350. Ignition coils were covered by a recall as well as the brake light swich. Oil leak is embarrasing when I park in a friends drivewa...
1st new engine 35,000 miles. Second new engine 70,000 miles. V6 model. An absolutely beautiful lemon.